About Me

i am writing this blog for the purpose of encouragement and accountability.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

feel good

Well,  It's been longer than a week since my last update....sorry about that.
I am feeling so much better, I think my body is getting used to all this crazy stuff :)
Although, after I got the colonics I didn't go number two for four days! And on the fourth day I asked my chiropractor (haha, something wrong with this picture??..she knows a lot about natural remedies) and she suggested a couple things but then suggested a coffee enema.....
If I knew that I was going to do these things even a year ago I think I would have thought I was a freak, alas, I really want to get better and I suppose that is what is driving me to all of this.
It worked, of course. After that, I finally got a hold of the lady who did the colonics and she said that I need to drink a gallon of water a day. Because I am nursing and not eating any fruit I just need that extra liquid. Well, I am happy to report that I am..ahem...more than regular.
The other part about this whole thing that has been hard is that I feel even more emotional than when I was pregnant. Todd can easily (more than the usual easily) hurt my feelings. Poor guy. He told me the other day that he misses his wife and to top it off I guess I am also super mellow.
That makes sense because nothing I am having should spike my sugar level so that would make me pretty even-keel.
This brings me to a question- What am I going to do after these three months are up?
I want to be healthy but for real, I look at sweets on pinterest all the time. I don't want to go crazy when I get off of this thing. I know that my lifestyle needs to change, but to what end??!!
I will be excited when I get to have fruits again...how how glorious will that day be!
It seems like it's the season to do new things though. Like we are transitioning and there's grace for it. If you want to change something I think it would be good to do it now, hop on the moving bus that's gaining momentum!!..I'll take that for myself :)
Ok, I guess this blog is a bit of my random ramblings but I wanted to give an update :)
Peace out y'all!

4 comments:

Leah the Great said...

Love hearing your "ramblings" so glad to hear that you're "regular" again ;) it's fun to get to read about your journey as you go along keep it up!!

Michelle said...

Love your honest health blog :)
I, too, am on a search to being healthy... and Ive been giving it my best and really am feeling better! My thing that I've been working on (thanks to Danny) is "putting my belief to work". Im still walking it out, but I feel like there really is a real way to do it in a balanced way... be healthy and still allow for the things you love sometimes... but still being healthy as a life style. It has to change in the way you think. People have always told me that, but I think Im really getting it for myself this time. You're doing good, Faith! Grace for your healthy journey!

Autumn Terrill said...

I understand your wonderings about how to stay healthy after the three months and not just go back to eating all of the stuff that made this happen in the first place.
I would highly suggest making a plan on how you will live. Maybe one or two 'real' sweets a week and otherwise make healthy treats. Also look at slowly staging in things like fruit and other current 'no nos'.

I have been thinking of you a LOT and somehow not getting to the communication part of it! so sorry. I want to talk as soon as we can make it work.

Love ya!

faithy lu said...

thanks Leah :)glad you like my ramblings.

Michelle,
Thanks for sharing your journey. How is it going lately??....I receive that grace :)

Autumn,
that is a good idea. A plan, something that I don't come by naturally, but is oh so helpful. As I continue this journey it's becoming easier to change my lifestyle and see that it may actually stick :)