About Me

i am writing this blog for the purpose of encouragement and accountability.

Monday, June 13, 2011

so it begins...

  I am getting super excited about the changes that are about to ensue. In this time it’s important to remember that I want this change because when I get to the detox part it’s hard to walk through. I start to get cranky and feel like it’s unfair that Todd can eat anything he wants...”I can eat anything I want too!”...but, It feels as though when that’s happening by brain is detoxing too and doesn’t really think logically. :) Although, since I have decided to do the colonics I feel much better about it, because it’s supposed to circumvent most of those horrible detox feelings......

     I wrote that a couple weeks ago and it’s good to read it today because I am having all “of those horrible detox feelings” :)
This is my third day of preparing for the colonics. I’ve been juicing a lot, eating lots of fruit and drinking aloe vera extract. Also lemon juice in my water and herbal teas.
      I am going in this evening at five thirty to get it done...I haven’t really allowed myself to think about it because I just don’t want to go there.
     Yesterday was not a fun day, I had a lovely headache and backache from detox. And today I woke up with my very first (and final!!) vaginal yeast infection...oh goody!
     It is so ironic that it decided to come today! But, I guess it just makes me more determined that I am doing the right thing even though it’s not fun and can be quite hard. Also the aloe vera extract is terrible. Man, it’s disgusting! I thought that grapefruit-seed extract was bad!
     Ok ok, I don’t just want to get on here and complain too much, so I will try and be thankful too. Todd cleaned up the kitchen yesterday for me and that was very sweet of him. It hurt every time I stood up so to have him do that was a blessing.
     I’m hoping that after tonight I will feel better. I have another session tomorrow to get the rest out (I guess). I heard that after you do this you get a great high. Well, I’m really looking forward to that high :) It is so crazy to me that what I eat can make me feel this way when I stop. It really grosses me out. We have gotten so far from eating how we were meant to eat.
     I was thinking yesterday how God created everything with so much water inside of it. Fruit and vegetables are made up of mostly water. Grains and beans also have lots of water, we actually dry them out so that they can last longer. We are supposed to be hydrated by much more than just water and I think that’s pretty cool. God is so smart.

I know that I didn’t write for a while but that was on purpose because I hadn’t started the  diet yet, now that I am starting the diet I aim to write once a week.
Blessings!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Well, good start Faith! I like your writing. :) It's awesome that you're doing this. Inspiring.

everydayVALENTINE said...

hello beautiful faith...i love your honesty and willingness to be transparent. i too ma starting on a new health journey by changing everything i am eating in hopes that my fibromyalgia will be be healed. i have been feeling so many of the emotions and feelings you write about...so you are not alone. i too have suffered w/ chronic yeast issues (since i was a child actually)...so i can totally relate to how you are feeling. i will pray for you and am blessed to know i am not alone in this new journey. love you- *laura* (p.s. i keep telling myself that my new motto needs to be "it is just food..." but that is not as simple as it seems, huh? hang in there girl)

Unknown said...

Great job Faith! So when did you actually start? I was still thinking you started the first of June? Love you keep up the faith in this process :)

faithy lu said...

Susan, thanks for you comment. Glad to inspire. :)

Laura, I had heard that you were going on some crazy diet too! I'm rootin for ya!! I understand your motto, if only my body would feel the same way. I'm really praying that you get fully healed, I can't believe you've had such a struggle for so long! Love you.

Jessica, I didn't start the beginning of June because we were still on vaycay. And then I didn't get an appointment with the colonics girl until yesterday so I started last Saturday. :)