So I am in limbo. This is good and bad. The good thing is that I know I am going to commit to this diet in about a month and I can mentally prepare, as well as set myself up for success.
Setting myself up for success looks like making sure my cupboards don't have tempting things in them. But of course, they will have some, because Todd will be eating regularly. Lucky for me the things that he likes to eat aren't that tempting to me. It seems that I have deep longings for chocolate when I have started doing this diet....Which I've discovered, the caffeine in the chocolate as well as the chocolate itself and the sugar of course, feed the yeast...go figure. :)
Setting myself up for success also looks like a good meal plan, I have discovered some yummy things that I like to eat on this diet so that is very helpful.
Some of the hard things about this interim is that I know that I won't be able to eat the things that I, as of this moment, really like. I just made some really yummy chocolate chocolate chip cookies that I altered the recipe so that there would be more chocolate. And of course because I know that I won't be able to have them soon, I ate too many of them. The thing is, I don't usually do this. I have pretty good self control when it comes to eating and such, but since I know that I cannot have them soon something inside of me feels broken. It's like a poverty thing, I know that I won't have them later so I figure I should stock up now? Well it sure makes for feeling pretty sick in the meantime. :p
But, in truth, I am very excited about starting. I am excited about the fact that after the initial detox I will feel better. I love how I feel in the morning when I am eating that way. Waking up is very easy and I don't have a sugar/food hangover. I am even excited about doing colonics. Yep, you read right, in order to really get well, so they say, I have to let someone stick a tube in my behind and pump water through my intestines...sounds, um, well, interesting to say the least. Have to no fear, I will tell you all about it. :) I have already talked to the lady and she actually has done the Body Ecology Diet, for two years. I have only talked to her on the phone but she already has favor with me so that feels good.
The other part of this whole thing that I am excited about, is that I really feel like my will is going to be strengthened. I feel like I lead a very good life and am quite happy. But!, I have been noticing, that perhaps I have been growing flabby with my will. I don't know how often I set out to do something and just do it, all the way through. Easy or hard, sticking it out. I want to say yes to this, commit myself fully and see how the universe responds. God has shown me that he is going to meet me and strengthen me through all of this and I can't wait to see what that looks like. I can't wait to see myself on the other side!
6 comments:
... I am wondering about the whole cleanse/detox while nursing? Are you still going to be breastfeeding the whole time? Have you asked about safety for detox while nursing? I know that the quickest way things are going to get out of your body will be through your milk but you don't want all that junk going to Noah.
Hhhmm, just wondering if you've looked into it all all because I have been thinking about this too! :)
I like this post by the way - raw and honest :) BRAVO!
Yes, very good question. I asked the lady who does the colonics and she said that if I were detoxing heavy metals and stuff then it would be bad because it would come out through the milk but because it's yeast that will come out through the bowels and I don't need to worry about Noah with that. I guess I'm just taking her at her word. :)
Thanks for the complement!
Yay Faithy! I love the blog background too, very cool! Love you
Thanks Jessica :)
I'll be interested to see what you find out. I am thinking of doing a diet change this summer so I'm wondering what it could look like with a nursing infant :)
Post a Comment