A few weeks ago we went down south to Villa Park to visit Todd's family for some down time. It was nice to get away from regular life but I had underestimated the amount of time I spend in the kitchen preparing and eating food! Plus being on vacation with a little one is a lot different than when it was just the two of us. We had some sorting out to do as far as letting each-other have times of rest while one would take Noah. We had some good communicating about all that :).
It's so weird to think of life before The Noodle, I can hardly remember, and it was only eight months ago...well kind of ;) I wouldn't change a thing though, we are very blessed.
Anyhow, I had a little breakthrough while we were there with the diet. Todd's parents offered to stay home with Noah while she napped so that Todd and I could go for a little hike together. I've been so weak lately Todd promised to walk slow if I needed him to. As we were going up the hill I felt a burn in all my muscles. Of course I've felt "the burn" before but this time it really felt good. You always hear that "feel the burn!" well, I would always push through that feeling because it wasn't a good one, but I had nothing to compare it to. This time, it felt so good to just keep moving onward upward faster and faster. I could hear Todd next to me struggling for breath, I told him "I could go faster!" he encouraged me to do so and I speed walked up the rest of the hill. It felt so good and when I got to the top I got a high. I couldn't believe how good I felt, I was a bit shaky because I hadn't been used to that kind of exercise in a long time, but man, it felt good. I haven't felt like that in years! Even when I was running very regularly for a year or so I didn't feel that good. I think the last time I felt like that was when I was a little kid, I can't wait to be able to feel that way a lot more often!
4 comments:
Faith, this is so awesome :) YAY!
I know! It really helps me when I get discouraged..I think of that and get encouraged :)
That sounds pretty awesome! You've really earned it!
thanks Autumn, I just can't wait until I feel like that consistently. :)...I know it's coming.
Post a Comment