About Me

i am writing this blog for the purpose of encouragement and accountability.

Friday, September 9, 2011

de-liver me!!

OK, not really. I do need my liver, but man, going through a liver cleanse is not fun.
I think that it might be the hardest thing I've done on this whole diet. First of all, how is someone supposed to know that their liver decided to rid itself of toxins anyhow? Besides feeling horrible and having lots of gas...
I thought that things were starting to look up and I was making progress, moving forward. I even took Noah camping with my extended family. While we were there Deborah told me to speak happy thoughts to my liver. I thought it very odd that she would say that out of the blue...but she's always good at word of knowledge so I should have known something was going on right then and there.
I got home and went to the chiro and she told me that I looked yellow and should to a liver panel.
Well, she scared some of the living daylights out of me! So what do you do when the daylights are scared right out? Call your mom of course :).
She told me that I was tired (which I was) and I should go to bed....among other things. She called back later and told me that from what was going on it looked like my liver decided to clean house......speaking of cleaning house, I didn't clean the house for a week. My poor husband. ;)
So that was an adventure, I was so out of energy and couldn't eat any fats. And hardly any meat, I ate a  lot of eggs. I guess when your liver does it's thing you should eat very lightly so all your energies aren't taken up digesting. We watched movies and slept (Noah and I)
Once I found out what was really going on I felt quite encouraged. Your liver is one of the last things to detox (so I hear). So alas I think I must be close(I sure hope so).
I have had remarkable energy and feel as though I could do anything. I've been doing exercises and feel like I have lots of strength. I thought that I had really gotten weak. I guess I was just working through all kinds of toxins before because I found there is strength under my flab :).
Today has been a bit discouraging because there is still burning in my nipple. Sometimes I don't feel anything and sometimes it's stronger. I shouldn't be feeling any symptoms by now!!
I had a talk with the Lord about it and I feel like He said He was going to heal me. So I am eagerly awaiting my full healing :). Co-laboring you know.  I felt like He told me in the beginning that I was to walk out my healing, I am a changed woman! Now, I think He is going to heal me :)
You all can believe with me.
love you all!

6 comments:

Leah the Great said...

Love it Faith. I always love how you write it is so you. Makes me miss just chatting it up but hey Skype is awesome glad we take advantage of that! I have to say I'm very impressed. Not only have you been sticking to this extremely difficult diet but have also blogged about! And in the mean time walked your baby through teething and her own detox. You're my hero! ;)

faithy lu said...

Thanks Leah, that is so encouraging. What a great comment to treasure in my heart. I love you so!

Autumn Terrill said...

So did the liver screening say that you were detoxing? I was reading in one of the books the other day about how one gets the privilege of cleansing their liver. Like it's really up to your body feeling safe to do so. I say congratulations, you definitely earned that privilege!

faithy lu said...

Well, I didn't end up getting a liver panel done. I just delved into the cleanse. So I guess I am not certain that that's what was going on but it seems the only answer. I feel so blessed that it happened only after three months. There is a lady who did the diet for two YEARS and finally her liver felt safe to cleanse....dude!!

Unknown said...

Wow still so impressed that you have stuck through this so faith-fully! Love you lots, I was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a bit on your blog and then two! :)

faithy lu said...

thanks Jessica...it's crazy that i'm so near the end. i'm just trying to figure my next plan of action. :)